Monday, March 10, 2008

Bread Time Again

Well, we're just about out of bread (the first batch I baked) and so it was time to make some more whole wheat bread. I used the same Bob's Red Mill recipe as before. I really need to start baking bread earlier than 4pm. It takes me from then until 11pm for it to do all of its rising and cooking. 
I'm really tired. I didn't just bake, I was cleaning the house at the same time. I also made a delicious dinner of salmon, brown rice, and steamed asparagus. 
I am excited to have some of this bread in a few days when I finish out the other loaf. I'll probably put some of it in the bag with the bread I still have and the rest in the freezer. 
Baking my own bread is working well for us. I belive it is saving on money, considering it's not the crap at the grocery store full of HFCS and preservatives. It's next to organic. I would spend 6-7 dollars on a loaf of organic bread at the health food store.  I pay 6 dollars for a 5 pound bag of flour and there are 68 1/4 cup servings in a bag and I use 6 full cups for 2 loaves of bread. Not bad.
Well, I'm gonna finish the TV show I'm watching while the bread finishes in the oven. 
Take care!

No comments: