Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cabin

I'm hoping that this coming weekend we'll get to go to the cabin up in the woods. The bf doesn't have to work on Friday because it is Good Friday. It's certainly good that he doesn't have to work. 
If we do plan to go up there I'd better start thinking of what I'm going to cook. Now, it's certainly not a clean kitchen. It's very old. There's no running hot water. There is only freezing cold water coming out of the pipes. 
The last bunch of times I've gone up there we've had to take a propane camp stove with us. But now they've installed a gas stove and oven. I'm looking forward to using it. If I plan on baking anything like pies I'll have to get them prepped at home before we go up. I could possibly roll the dough out up there though. I'll just have to take plenty of parchment paper. 
I'm also going to take up my own pots and pans. The ones that are up there are old teflon pans that have been scratched to death. They could make you sick I'm sure. 
There's no electricity either. Not a lick of it. That means no refrigerator. I'll take a cooler. There's a screened in box attached to the back of the house that I'll hide some food in. The bugs will stay out of it and it'll keep it moderately cool. I'll keep things like eggs or milk in the cooler with ice packs.

What would you cook if you were up there? What would you eat in the woods when you have no refrigeration? 

Does anyone actually read my blog?

No comments: